The TaitNet MPT communications solution meets current regulatory requirements and provides a significant step towards IP-connected digital operations. This digital infrastructure is based on a stable and proven communications technology, with digital linking and IP connectivity. Furthermore, it can be easily and cost-effectively upgraded to a full DMR Tier 3 trunked solution.
The benefit of AVL is that we are now able to see visually and diagrammatically where our vehicles are so our control room can predict where problems are going to be and take a more proactive stance. Ultimately it’s about giving customers confidence and predictability in their local bus service, which we know is what they want.David Astill, Commercial Manager, Nottingham City Transport Click here to read more...
Why choose Tait MPT
When you plan for future communications in partnership with Tait, an expert team is right there at each stage, designing, managing and supporting the changes.
Working to your organization's timeframe, migrating network communications is seamless, minimizing impact on budget and service.
MPT is the most successful trunked mobile radio technology worldwide, suiting the needs of our global customers due to its flexibility and efficiency benefits. Tait has a long and distinguished track record in developing this technology and offering the MPT-IP (MPT 1327) trunking network with an impressive range of features that include:
- remote network management
- efficient deployment of radio channels
- scalable infrastructure from single site to nationwide
- a wide range of open standard terminal products
- seamless migration paths to digital technology
- individual, group (team) or broadcast (all-informed) calls
- PSTN and PABX telephone access
- MAP27 data interface
- call diversion and forwarding
- priority handling of emergency calls
- status messages
- a short message service for dispatch or job information
- a polling channel providing efficient location updates for large fleets, which can co-exist with voice operation.