About the role
This Brisbane based Senior Customer Support Engineer role serves as the lead technical resource for Customer Support Engineers' delivery of information as part of telephone and, at times, on-site technical support services.
The Senior Customer Support Engineer encompasses broad and well developed technical skills. The role serves as the Subject Matter Expert and will require the operation and configuration of complex systems and the diagnosis of non-conforming functionality to an operating system level.
Function outcomes of the role include:
- Provide technical expertise to system design
- Verification and Validation:
- Fault finding and documentation
- Issue resolution:
- Provision of technical information to customers
This position will require some flexibility in working hours as an the Customer Support Engineering Team are required to complete 'on call' scheduled hours to support our customer outside of regular business hours.
Further details can be found in the Job Description
Given the nature and complexity of our industry, the diversity of applications and the variety of customers the Senior Customer Support Engineer will be highly customer focused, have excellent skills of diplomacy and customer relationship management experience
The Senior Customer Support Engineer will demonstrate to the team a passion and commitment to the job. Will, by example, do what it takes to ensure the smooth support of systems and the rapid resolution of any product or customer related issues. At all times provide the leadership required to other engineers to achieve the team goals which may mean supporting other functional areas, travel internationally, and provide after hours on call support.
Experience Level Required
- At least 10 years' experience in a wireless communications repair or maintenance technical role (minimum of 5 years)
- Prefer at least 7 years' experience with Land Mobile Radio equipment, trunking systems and simulcast systems
- Familiar with the concepts and exercise of ITIL Service Management principles
- Engineering degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
This is an exciting opportunity not to be missed. To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 7th May 2017
To apply for this role please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org