TB8100 – Overview
The TB8100 is a high performance base station/repeater designed to cope with the harshest of operational environments. Ideal for any application from a simple conventional repeater to advanced TaitNet Quasi Sync and MPT 1327 trunked systems. Featuring remote monitoring and configuration as well as a powerful local control application it is available in 5, 50 and 100W configurations in a range of popular frequency bands.
Tait has installed a system for us which has proved economic to MainPower both now and over the longer term. They've done it in a professional manner and it's given us assurance that there is an upgrade path for more technology as we go along.Peter Hurford, MainPower
TB8100 Base Station/Repeater features include:
- 255 channels with up to 16 CTCSS and DCS sub-audible tones per channel, making it suitable for use as a community repeater without requiring additional equipment*
- Covers key frequency bands from 136MHz to 941MHz
- Tone on idle and CWID
- Several system interface options including Isolated Audio, Isolated Audio E&M, TaitNet MPT Trunked, TaitNet RS232 and TaitNet Ethernet
- An Ethernet system interface option enables IP management of user's communications system
- High specification base station/repeater design
- Fast key-up time of 2ms
- Monitor 43 alarm parameters remotely
- Computer Controlled Interface (CCI) protocol allows external computer equipment to remotely monitor and control a TB8100 base station/repeater
- Power save option ideal for solar sites with receive power as low as 60mA
- A built-in spectrum analyzer measures received signal levels across the selected band
* Advanced Profiles option required
This guide provides utility organizations with a technical introduction to currently available open standard, digital technologies. For utility organizations seeking to replace existing networks, or considering an initial purchase of a communication solution using land mobile radio (LMR), this guide will seek to inform those decisions.
Complete remote operation
With many remote monitoring options, the TB8100 is ideal for isolated sites. Users can manage more than 150 parameters remotely with TB8100 Service Kit software.
Monitor your entire network from a central location with the TB8100 alarm reporting option. This means you do not need to manually connect to each base station/repeater to check it, minimizing maintenance time and costs.
Specified to operate continuously at full power, at up to 15,000ft (4,572m) and as high as 140°F (60°C) in temperature. Large heatsinks mean that no spacing is required between base stations/repeaters.
Excellent RF specifications
Outstanding specifications for selectivity, sensitivity and adjacent channel interference make the TB8100 ideal for use in high-noise environments.
The advanced profiles option gives you precise control over your channel configuration and access to the most advanced base station/repeater features.
Utilizing the same reliable software-based platform that has made the TB9100 industry leaders, the lightweight analog and digital transportable repeaters are packaged in ruggedized cases. The transportable repeater includes a lightning arrester and the pelican case is available in multiple colors to suit the application.
Download the TB8100 specifications sheet (PDF) for more detailed information.
Download the TB8100 Transportable Repeater specifications sheet (PDF) for more detailed information.
Why choose Tait MPT
When you plan for future communications in partnership with Tait, an expert team is right there at each stage, designing, managing and supporting the changes.
Working to your organization's timeframe, migrating network communications is seamless, minimizing impact on budget and service.
MPT is the most successful trunked mobile radio technology worldwide, suiting the needs of our global customers due to its flexibility and efficiency benefits. Tait has a long and distinguished track record in developing this technology and offering the MPT-IP (MPT 1327) trunking network with an impressive range of features that include:
- remote network management
- efficient deployment of radio channels
- scalable infrastructure from single site to nationwide
- a wide range of open standard terminal products
- seamless migration paths to digital technology
- individual, group (team) or broadcast (all-informed) calls
- PSTN and PABX telephone access
- MAP27 data interface
- call diversion and forwarding
- priority handling of emergency calls
- status messages
- a short message service for dispatch or job information
- a polling channel providing efficient location updates for large fleets, which can co-exist with voice operation.
Why choose Tait Conventional Analog Radio
When all-informed, open-channel communications is essential to your business, TaitNet conventional analog radio systems are the ideal choice. Our range includes small, single-site networks for confined area voice-only communications to larger, wider area networks with a variety of voice and data features.
Conventional analog radio systems are a simple, economical way for mobile radio users to keep in touch.
TaitNet Conventional Analog highlights:
- Modular, high specification infrastructure
- Systems in place throughout the world
- Conventional sites can be linked for wider coverage
- Ideal when "all-informed" communications is essential
- Easy to upgrade