In this policy, "we", "our" and "Tait" refers to Tait Limited and any of our subsidiaries or affiliate companies as applicable.
Collection of Information
Tait collects several types of information about you including information:
- which may personally identify you such as name, email address or telephone number;
- that does not identify you but is about you, such as title or company name; and
- regarding your computer, website usage and connection.
- websites which are owned or operated by Tait and have an address (or URL) which is operated by Tait (the "Websites") or Tait branded websites which are hosted by a third party (the "Tait branded Websites") the "Websites" and the "Tait branded Websites" together for the purposes of this policy are referred to as the "Tait Websites").
- e-mail or other electronic messages between you and Tait;
- mobile or desktop applications that you download from Tait Websites or from an app store;
- software or services you use under license from Tait; or
- from interactions with advertising or application accessible on other third party websites.
Tait has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the privacy policies of the Tait branded Websites or any third party independent sites.
Tait may collect personal information in the following ways:
- You may provide us with personal information such as your name, address, phone number, location information, email address and other types of personal information when requesting or using a service with us, sending us a communication, enquiring about employment opportunities, completing forms or surveys on Tait Websites or by completing log-in and password details at any of our Tait Website sign-in facilities.
- If you subscribe to email notifications from Tait, you will need to disclose your email address, either to us or to a third party service that manages email notifications. Similarly, you may choose to disclose personal information when adding a post to a Tait Website or when commenting on the posts of others. Such information will be viewable by website administrators, certain Tait staff and, if published, members of the public. Please do not post or otherwise transmit personal information of a sensitive nature. If you do not want to receive e-mail, direct mail or targeted advertisements regarding our products and services, simply tell us when you provide your personal information or by following the directions on our Websites to remove your name from our mailing list(s).RSS or Atom feeds can be subscribed to without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
- We may automatically collect information about your visit to help us improve the Tait Websites This information includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on the Tait Websites and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the Tait Websites
- the previous website you visited;
- your browsing behaviour and the URLs of the pages you visit;
- your operating system (e.g., Windows XP, 8, 10 or Mac OSX); and the type of web browser you use (e.g., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox).
- The Tait Websites may also use a marketing automation system using cookies to track website usage in order to provide customized information related to the specific interests of the website users. This system enables us to link automatically logged information with specific user information. See below for more information on cookies.
- We may also collect information about you from other available sources, such as public records or bodies.
The technologies we use in order to collect personal information may include:
When you enter the Tait Websites if you have set your internet browser to accept cookies then you offer your consent to our server attaching a small text file to your hard drive — a cookie. Your unique cookie tells us that it is you whenever you re-enter those sites, so we can recall when you have previously visited and allow us to track and target your interests.
You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your internet browser preferences, you have the ability to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. Please note that, if you choose to reject all cookies you will be unable to use those services or engage in activities that require the placement of cookies. If you wish to receive resources whilst not consenting to a cookie being stored, please contact us.
For more information on the specific cookies used on the Tait websites please click here.
For more information on cookies in general visit http://www.aboutcookies.org//p>
Use of Information
We use the personal information we collect for:
- marketing, research and administration purposes.
- sending emails to specific users who have signed up to email notifications for the purpose of obtaining feedback on existing or proposed services or inviting input into content to be added to the website.
- analaysis of feedback which is important and is used to evaluate and improve the website. If you provide feedback on the website directly to Tait, that feedback will be sent to appropriate staff at Tait. We may pass on relevant comments to other people within Tait who administer, have contributed content to, or are otherwise interested in, the website. This could include your email address and other identifying information.
- target valuable marketing and advertising offers. This kind of advertising may be done with banner ads as well as promotional emails sent by Tait, or by third parties under contract with Tait. Tait may also match user information with third party data to help us better understand our customers.
- analysing personal information and related statistical information and then we may use such information to make technical improvements to the website to improve our user experience.
- information may be shared with Tait personnel for instance in relation to the recruitment process.
- improving our products and services and to provide you with information about those products and services.
- if you are using a Tait service (such as UnifyVoice) then information you provide may be available to other users of the service or application within the same company.
- where one of our carefully selected channel partners may be better placed to handle your sales or service related request we may pass your personal information to such third party.
We do not use or disclose your personal information for new purposes without giving you the opportunity to consent to those new purposes. We do not sell information which would identify you personally.
Data Storage and Disclosure
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, no data transmission which uses the Internet can be guaranteed at all times to be 100% secure. As a result, while we have taken steps to protect your personal information, Tait cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us over the Tait Websites. Therefore, you use such websites at your own risk.
Access to the personal information we may hold about you
You can ask us, by sending an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) whether we are keeping personal information about you. Upon such a request we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal information which we keep about you. We will provide the information without any charge. We may require you to provide us with additional information and proof of identity in order to identify and release the information to you. We will endeavour to provide you with the information requested as soon as reasonably possible.
We allow you to question the information that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased (except where it relates to your purchase or credit history with us), rectified, amended, or completed.
Under law we may have the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal information. If we refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal information we will give reasons for our refusal. We do, however, allow you to challenge our decision to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data.
If you are not satisfied with Tait's response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner (see below).
voluntarily committed to a Self Assessment procedure subject to an Independent Data Protection Authority supervision
Self Assessment Procedure
Address: 245 Wooldridge Road, Harewood, Christchurch 8051
Country: New Zealand
Email address: email@example.com
Independent Data Protection Authority supervision
Designation of the authority: The Office of the Privacy Commissioner
Address: P.O. Box 466, Auckland
Country: New Zealand
Name/designation: Commercial Manager
Address: 245 Wooldridge Road, Harewood, Christchurch 8051 New Zealand Phone Number: +64 3 358 3399
Fax Number: +64 3 358 0340
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your concern you may wish to contact The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) or you may wish to contact Tait Electronics Ethics office (email@example.com)