Tait Communications is a truly global company, with tens of millions of people around the world depending on Tait-enabled technology to keep their lights on, cities flowing and communities safe. Emerging digital platforms, converging communications technologies, and cutting-edge engineering solutions make this a great time to join forces with Tait.
About the role:
Working as part of a high performing Development Team, you will get to work on some of our key projects and products. There are lots of interesting challenges that mean the work is varied and interesting. You will be involved in test design, automation, execution and maintenance of manual and automated test suites. You will get the opportunity to apply a range of different test methodologies including exploratory test methods within a range of different contexts. Tait products and solutions end up in diverse and often harsh environments so we do some pretty thorough testing.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Identifying required tests for features under development
- Test design, execution, analysis and reporting of test results
- Setting up of test tools and test environments
- Development, setup and maintenance of automated systems for both hardware and software
- Working with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve issues
Holding a Tertiary Diploma or Degree in telecommunications, electronic or computer related discipline, you will ideally also have relevant experience in exploratory testing and designing, maintaining and executing manual and automated test suites. Note, however, that a range of experience will be considered.
You will be a tester by nature who is a strong communicator and has the desire to share and learn from colleagues whilst working in high performing test team. Working with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve issues, you will be able to demonstrate exposure to Agile methodologies.
The right attitude is vital - the perfect candidate would be described as a flexible team player with an inquisitive mind, strong problem solving and analysis skills who is eager to learn and able to switch context rapidly.
Your experience may also include:
- Exposure to commercial software testing.
- Work within a software development team
- Programming at an intermediate level (ideally Python or any Object orientated programming language)
- Knowledge of IP networks, their components (switches, routers, firewalls, etc) and their protocols is desirable
- Experience with radio systems would be an advantage.
To apply for this role please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org